When starting your Real Estate Life, the decisions you make can be so crucial, yet it’s also the most puzzling part of the journey.
Keri Friedman is a passionate photographer living in Portland, OR. She’s constantly shooting whether it’s exploring and photographing abandoned places or capturing small moments while wandering her city. After a 25 year career in Marketing and PR, Keri recently made the leap into Real Estate. Very recently, in fact, just 7 weeks ago!
In this episode, Keri and I talk about the beginnings of being in real estate. I hope our discussion sheds light for beginners and helps you, wherever you are in your real estate journey.
[00:01 - 06:13] Opening Segment
I introduce today’s guest, Keri Friedman
- Being a realtor for 7 weeks!
- How Covid had a big impact on Keri starting her real estate career
- Recently passing her realtor exam and getting her broker’s license
[06:14 - 10:35] Finding the Right Brokerage
Keri talks about the key traits she looked for when applying to brokerages
- Company culture
- Meeting with her principal brokers and knowing it was a good fit
[10:35 - 18:22] Marketing Yourself As a New Broker
- Getting her CRM up and running
- Creating a target market for herself and knowing who her customer is
- Email marketing
- Photography skills
Tracey’s advice for beginners
- Goal Setting
- You have to do what works for you
[18:23 - 24:53] A Beginner Broker’s First Transaction
Challenges and lessons Keri has learned
- Valuing her principal brokers to guide her
- Learning from other agents and having a strong community
- Peer support and realtor relationships
[24:53 - 32:29] Finally Making the Jump
What were other factors that led Keri into real estate?
- Anything worth doing is scary
Advice that impacted Keri’s decision to go into real estate on her own
- Listening to advice from experienced realtors
[32:30 - 38:02] Closing Segment
Keri’s advice to others who want to become real estate agents
- Network, connect, be genuine, be grateful and ask questions
- How to reach out to Keri. Links below
- Final Words
"You have to do what works for you. Everybody’s gonna tell you what works for them and sometimes it becomes so overwhelming that you paralyze yourself that you don't do any of it.” - Tracey Hicks
“This is scary. It’s totally scary, but anything worth doing is. And it’s a risk, but I feel like it’s a calculated risk.” - Keri Friedman
- CRM Tool: https://www.usesphere.com/
You can connect with me, Tracey Hicks, on LinkedIn and Facebook. Check out our website, https://allthingsrealestatestore.com, so you can stay up to date on our latest promos and find the best real estate products you'll need to get your real estate life together!
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, I’d love to hear from you.
PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW + Share with your Realtor® friends who want to step up their real estate marketing skills!